Which sport is your favorite to watch and/or play?

Quote of the week

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Unknown
more famous quotes

April 18, 2010

Please Pray

Hello everyone.

I would like to ask for a certain prayer.

My great great uncle passed away on Tuesday or Wednesday (im not quite sure) and we would all appreciate it if you prayed for my mothers side of the family.

He was 90 years old when the LORD took him and lived a happy life.

At the funeral yesterday, I met many cousins that I've never heard of before and learned much about Uncle Harry that I didnt know before.

He taught half of his town to swim!
I guess thats where i get my 'fish genes' as Soccer put it.

He also had an undying love for people.

I only met Harry twice.
Once at a small family gathering and another time at my Pop Pop's birthday.
The first time I met him, i only knew his name and he didnt even know mine and i met him while walking him into our house.
I offered to help him out of the car and he graciously took my hand and i helped guide him into our house.
He didnt even know who i was yet he was so willing to let me into my life without questioning anyone. I applaud him for that.
Just in that moment that we met, his personality came at me like sunshine on a rainy day.

Even though i didnt know him that well, the loss of uncle Harry was just as large for me as it was for his two children and his wife.

I, along with the rest of the family, will miss him greatly and ask for your thoughts and prayers as we get through this time of sorrow. We can only take joy in the fact that he is in a better place and with the LORD our God.

But how can we say that we've lost something, where we know exactly where it is?

On Earth, it might seem that we've lost a life.
But in our lives, we know exactly where that life has gone.
It has gone to heaven to spend the rest of all eternity with the LORD our God.
Someday I will again meet up with uncle Harry.
When that day is, no one knows and I am in no hurry to rush it.

I thank you all for your thoughts and prayers in this time of hardship and sorrow for both me and my family.

Amen.

2 comments:

Emily Shae said...

Amen. God is good, and he strong when we are weak. I will pray for you and your family.

Love,
Emily

Clyde and Leo said...

Thank you so much.